BCA Research Global Asset Allocation Forum
For more than 40 years, BCA Research has hosted its famous annual investment conference, an event where world-renowned economists, investment managers, and policymakers discuss the outlook for the economy and its implications for markets.
This year we are thrilled to introduce an exciting new event: The BCA Research Global Asset Allocation Forum – a one-day intensive online forum focused on asset allocation and portfolio construction.
There are dozens of conferences around the world each year that cover topics on macroeconomics and general investment: What is the risk of inflation? What are the biggest risks on the horizon? How will low interest rates affect the economy?
And yet there is very little to address the unique challenges that CIOs and asset allocators face: If inflation is coming how should I structure my portfolio? What are the most effective ways to hedge tail risk? What assets should I be looking at to meet my return targets in a world of low interest rates?
The BCA Research Global Asset Allocation Forum, will bring together some of the brightest minds in the industry to discuss the latest thinking on how to tackle these issues. We will not discuss the short-term macro or market outlook. Instead, we will focus on long-term structural themes related to portfolio construction: Factor investment, the total portfolio approach, inflation hedges, the use of leverage, currency hedging, ESG, alternatives, etc.
The forum will be organized and hosted by BCA Research’s Global Asset Allocation service team, headed by Garry Evans. This service has for more than a decade served the CIO and asset allocator community worldwide with insights and advice on how to run global multi-asset portfolios.
Who Should Attend?
CIOs, asset allocators, macro portfolio managers and risk managers at pension funds, endowments, foundations, wealth managers, family offices, wealth managers, insurance companies and other institutional investors that focus on asset allocation.
- $350 USD (ask for our special discount for clients!)
Tuesday, May 18th, 2021:
- 8:00 - 8:40am EST - Keynote Speaker | Keith Ambachtsheer
- 8:50 - 9:50am EST - CIO Panel | Panelists: James Davis, Maxime Aucoin, Chunyen Liu, Catherine Ulozas
Discussion of practical issues in portfolio construction. Case studies. What do you see as being the major challenges currently? How did you cope with the volatility in 2020? How do you manage tail risk? How do you hedge against inflation?
- 10:00 - 10:50am EST - Panel: The Latest Thinking on Portfolio Construction | Panelists: Sebastien Betermier, Karen Karniol, Roger Unwin
The latest research in portfolio construction. Cutting-edge methodologies. Total portfolio approach. Rebalancing. Optimization. Leverage. Structured solutions.
- 11:00 - 11:50am EST - Panel: Factor Investing | Panelists: Wes Gray, Riti Samanta, Vitali Kalesnik
What purpose do factors serve in a portfolio? Should you time factors? Which factors still work? Can you use factors in asset classes other than equities?
- 12:00 - 1:00pm EST - Panel: Alternative Investments | Panelists: Ken Kencel, Joseph Nicholas, Tom Joy, Nancy Donohue
Private equity, real estate, private debt, infrastructure finance, venture capital, hedge funds. How do they work? What is the current outlook? What are the pitfalls to watch out for?
- 1:10 - 2:00pm EST - Panel: ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance)| Panelists: Katie Schmitz Eulitt, Milla Craig, Pascal Zbinden
How to decide which investments are ESG compliant? Do ESG investments underperform? How will policy change impact ESG? Sector implications.
- Garry Evans - Chief Strategist, BCA Research Global Asset Allocation Strategy
- Keith Ambachtsheer - Director Emeritus, International Centre for Pension Management at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, and President of KPA Advisory Service
- James Davis - CIO, OPTrust
- Maxime Aucoin - Head of Total Portfolio, CDPQ
- Chunyen Liu - CIO, AIA Singapore
- Catherine Ulozas – Chief Investment Officer, Drexel University
- Sebastien Betermier – Associate Professor of Finance, McGill University
- Karen Karniol - Head of Investment Research, Bridgewater
- Roger Unwin – Global Head of Investment Content, Towers Willis Watson
- Wes Gray – Founder, Alpha Architect
- Riti Samanta – Head of Systematic Fixed Income Strategy and Portfolio Manager, GMO
- Vitali Kalesnik - Partner, Director of Research for Europe, Research Affiliation
- Ken Kencel – CEO, Churchill AM
- Joseph Nicholas – CEO, HFR
- Tom Joy - CIO, Church Commissioners of England
- Nancy Donohue - Chief Investment Strategist and Co-Founder of Summit Rock Advisors
- Katie Schmitz Eulitt - Director Of Investor Outreach, SASB
- Milla Craig - President and Founder of Millani
- Pascal Zbinden - Co-Head SAA and Markets at SwissRe